• November 19Happy Thanksgiving from the Wild Writers!

Wildcats for Life

Brice Winter, Senior Reporter

The Houlka Wildcats Basketball teams are the pride of our school and our community. During the home games fans fill the stands and color the bleachers with red showing off the school spirit. Wildcat pride is everywhere. The players work hard to prepare each week and play hard during each game for the fans. “To climb the mountain you first have to cross the valley. I think that our young team has what it takes to win,” stated a fan of our team. The Houlka Wildcats basketball teams may not be having the year they want to have, but everyone believes they are improving and are heading in the right direction. A few of the Senior starters said, “It’s going pretty good. We just haven’t won any games yet.” Navaeh Moore, a senior basketball player, said, “It’s going to take time until we find ourselves.” Coach Seth Burt shared that, “We are not where we would like to be but both of our teams are heading in the right direction.” Even though the Wildcats are not as successful as they would like to be at this point, they will not let their losses affect them negatively. They will continue to push forward and make their way.

All of the teachers, students, and members of the community are rooting for our Wildcats. We know they will be successful. As quoted from the members of the girls’ basketball team, “Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.” The members were quoting Tim Notke as they were spreading encouragement to the team and the fans. There is no doubt that the Houlka Wildcats make us proud. There is no doubt that when they find their moment, they will shatter all pretenses and claim their victory as Houlka Wildcats.